flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Orange Cables

I learned how to knit cables last night.  I know I'm a big geek at how exciting I thought it was, but every time I came up to the row where I needed to cable, I got excited--and as the project emerged, I would run my fingers over it again and again, admiring how nicely it turned out.


And it was so easy! I was totally surprised because it looks like it would be much more challenging, with the way the cables wind and twist back and forth across the plane of stitches.



The yarn (which is just what I had on hand) worked great for the pattern, and it had such nice feel to it--it was comforting as it slid through my fingers with each knit, knit, knit, purl, purl stitch.


I'm making this hat.  The cables around the ears should add extra warmth, and the style is simple, but still interesting.  And I love orange.  I think it's going to be a FO very soon--even though I don't need it until Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment