flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

[baked] Fish and Chips!

If you're like T and can't really stomach really greasy foods, you'll be happy to try out this oven-fried fish and chips recipe.  I didn't have any cornflakes, so I used a bread crumb and cornmeal breading instead, which still turned out well (though probably not as crispy) :)


I also used blue potatoes instead of regular spuds.  I never knew there were such things as blue potatoes until flying on jetBlue, and sampling their Terra Blue potato chips. Yum!  :)

For the greenery, I made green beans and tomatoes.  I know I've posted about this before, but these are just about my favorite summer treat ever, and totally simple, quick, and very tasty!

Annie's Broiled Green Beans

about 1 pound fresh green beans
1 pint cherry tomatoes (it works with regular tomatoes, but the cherry ones are easier to broil)
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 500 degrees on the broil setting.

Rinse green beans well (picking out any ugly ones) and shake dry.  Spread evenly across a baking sheet.  Cut cherry tomatoes in half (or larger tomatoes into wedges) and place among the green beans.  Drizzle olive oil over beans and tomatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you prefer) to taste.

Place the baking sheet in the oven (with the door ajar) and broil until oil sizzles and beans are crisp-tender.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment