flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gettin' Warmer!

My niece Rachel turned three this month! Since turning three also means she gets to start dance with Miss Caté, I made her a hat and some leg warmers for her birthday.  She picked out the yarn when I was in CA in March (of course, that was ages and ages ago, so she didn't remember at all) :)  It's called "plum pudding" and I think it turned out pretty well.  I used flighty girl's hat pattern and just did a long tube for the leg warmers.

Cute, huh? :) Now Beth--you'll have to get a picture of Rachel-ee dancing in them!

Also, I made a hat for Giulia from the leftover yarn she picked out for her leg warmers back in January.  As I was knitting the hat, it began to resemble a "shapeless felt bag" rather than a cute, fluffy, pink hat, so I had to modify it a bit.. I think it turned out alright :) despite the blurry picture. Summer will have to get a better picture of it when it gets colder in Colorado!


1 comment: