flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Monday, September 28, 2009

Apple Picking

Saturday, T and I decided we should go apple picking.  There were a few other people who were supposed to join us (ahem), but it ended up being just my love and me, off on an adventure of our own.  Which was fine, of course :)

It's actually a good thing no one else came.  The "orchard" we'd picked wasn't a pick-your-own orchard.  Unless you count "picking your own" to be "picking your own already-picked apples out of big bins that are outside."  They did have really tasty cider, though.  And doughnuts [I have henceforth resolved never to buy a doughnut again.  I want them fresh. And hot. Ooh, so yummy :) Stay tuned for recipes...]

So, we headed got back in the car (cider in hand) and headed down the road in search of another orchard, with real trees to pick our own apples from.  Fortunately, we didn't have to go too far and happened upon Bolton Spring Farm.  We bought a bag and meandered through the trees picking out pretty apples.

It was a relatively short afternoon, but just long enough to feel like we got out of the city for a bit, enjoying the lovely warm weather (there won't be many weekends like this soon enough).  Next time we go, I kinda want to bring a blanket and some sammiches and have lunch under one of the apple trees ("don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me..."), but I don't know if that'll be allowed.  We'll see :)

Enjoy the pictures :)


Apple Picking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment