flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Monday, August 24, 2009

Chocolate Coco-nutty Ice Cream

Act I, Scene I


NARRATOR: It's been rather warm here lately, and I was craving ice cream.

ENTER: (Vegan) Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream

STAGE LEFT: ::happy dance::

:)

-----

1 1/2 c. coconut milk (don't bother with the "light" stuff--coconut fat is way good for you!)
1 1/2 c. chocolate hemp milk (if you don't want to go vegan, just use regular chocolate milk)
1/4 c. sweetener of choice (I used evaporated cane juice)
1 tsp. vanilla and/or almond extract (I used both!)
1/4 - 1/2 each of the following (to your taste):
--chocolate chips
--nuts of choice (walnuts here)
--shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened, as you prefer)

Combine liquid ingredients and chill (if necessary).  Freeze according to ice cream maker directions.  Add nuts, coconut, and chocolate during last few minutes of freezing.

With all the extras in this ice cream, it was stiff enough that we could have eaten it right out of the freezer bowl, but I put it in a tupperware and froze it some more. Still very tasty later on :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment