flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What Are You Doing New Years Eve?

I know I'm posting this a month after it happened, but we really did have a fabulous, low-key, enjoyable New Years Eve with T's family.  I think we slept in (always a treat) and we took a walk in the afternoon.  That evening, Brother Corwin (good family friend who's a Dominican monk in CA) came over for a visit, and it was great to see him!  

We went downtown to hear some fun music and watch awesomely-costumed students walk around in stilts playing tambourines ("play a little song for me").  It was really cool! We heard awesome songs and the whole family was dancing. Anselm and Lydia even got to play a tambourine for a little while. Such great energy :) I love communal music.
From Jump, Jive, January
After Celebration Lane, we came back to the house for dessert and wiled away the evening until that magical hour when the New Year begins.  Honestly, I can't remember if any of us made it.  I know we got to 11 pm, for sure. But the kids were petering out and conversation was lagging. Despite our best attempts at playing the didgeridoo... (this is what it's really supposed to sound like).  I'm sure the men-folk howled at the moon before they went to bed :) 

But it was a great evening, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in the new year, than surrounded by good friends and sweet family.  So, a month into it, here's to 2010! 

No comments:

Post a Comment