flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Friday, February 12, 2010

Eureka!

I have found it!! (Don't worry, Classics majors, this is a nudity-free post!)

Not gold. Not a new theory of measurement.  No. I have found the recipe for the tomato sauce I most crave when I want pasta.  I have found that tangy, very tomato-y, slightly sweet sauce that dresses the most delicious pasta dishes of my memory.

The tomato sauce and prosciutto pasta I had in New York.  The tomato and black pepper penne we had one late night in Rome.  The tantalizing tomato sauce I crave year round...

I have found it :)

And y'know what? It's so simple.

Go check it out here. And then make some pasta tonight!


On our honeymoon, at Cecilia Metella outside the Catacombs

3 comments:

  1. This recipe sounded so simple, even I thought I'd try it. I didn't have a can of whole pealed tomatos so I used a can of diced ones. I think it worked out just fine. I made it for a RCIA potluck I was going to. It tasted fine, but I think I didn't cook the shells right. They were a little tough. Also, the sauce looked brown, like beef stew under the sodium vapor lights in the gym. They had them on medium and I think that really changes their color outlook.
    lagbd

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm good memories :) maybe we can spend a week in Rome in August... that would be delightful. You and me. Stories. Rome. Gelato. ah. :) we should talk to Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fr. Joe? That would be awesome. Maybe spring break next year? ;)

    ReplyDelete