flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Saturday, June 28, 2008

You're Only 11 Once

Tomorrow is my oldest nephew's birthday. We celebrated it today, though, since he and his family have to head back to Vegas tomorrow to catch their flight back east. T and I will be heading back east soon enough, too. It seems this visit has flown by... The party was great, though. As a treat, Colum's parents treated everyone in the family (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents!) to a movie. We all headed in for an early showing of Wall-E, the new Pixar movie. It was such a good movie--especially considering there was no dialog for the first half of it! I think the cockroach is one of my favorite characters, though Mo is pretty cool, too (sometimes my sister reminds me of him!). It was a great film, much enjoyed by all of us--from grandparents down to babies (actually, I think Noni fell asleep, but better that than her being fidgety and making mommy and daddy miss the movie). Highly recommend it! After the party we all headed back out to "Grandmama's house" to have lunch and cake and ice cream! Heather got a Wall-E cake from Albertson's (they accidentally made it twice as large as she had ordered, so we had LOTS of cake!) and it was pretty yummy (except that the blue frosting stained a little too well). If you click on the picture below, you can scroll through the 10 or so birthday pictures in the album. Be sure to let the video of us singing happy birthday play :) When we were finished with cake and had relaxed a bit, we all went back into town to go to Mass. We are going to have a big tea party tomorrow morning and we need to do it early so Ray and Heather can get going on their way back to Vegas. Mass was very nice. It's always good to go back to your home parish, even if it isn't "home" in the same way for you anymore (I think I consider Ss. Cyril and Methodius home now...). It's good to get back to your roots, to feel and see where you "got started" as it were. I have so many memories associated with St. Ann's church--so many key moments in my journey to God. Of course, it was also fun to take up almost two full pews with family members--and all the skittery little grandkids! Tomorrow's the tea party. Gotta wake up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment