flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot!

At least, we will be feeling hot, hot, hot when we're in CA! T and I are going to visit my parents next week, which should be lots of fun. Looking at the weather forecast for my hometown shows "average" temperatures in the high 90s/low 100s (par for the course in June). Luckily, though, it's a very dry heat, which means that, for instance, if you go swimming and the wind blows, you're instantly cooled off (sometimes you get too cold, even though it's 120 degrees outside). Also, when you dry off after the shower, you actually get dry. Amazing. The weather also says it should be very sunny. That's also par for the course, but not just for June. The Navy (!) christened my town the sunshine capital of the world (not just the western hemisphere, but the world). It's sunny more than 355 days per year. It's so sunny there that you can get sunburned in the shade, from the reflection of the sun on the bright, glistening sand or mercilessly reflective concrete. In the summertime, you can burn your feet on asphalt or concrete, and cars in the sun get so hot you can cook sausages to sizzling temperatures inside. We will get to see the nieces and nephew there, and go hiking with my brother and brother-in-law, I'll get to cook up a storm, and T can hopefully get nice and tan on his morning runs in the desert (gotta love that vitamin D production with just the right amount of sun!). And we're leaving in just 5 days! It's so good to be able to visit family :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I hope everything get's cooler. The PNW, by contrast, is cold and not so sunny. I don't know which is better :/

    I started a blog. It's http://whenkayleengrowsup.blogspot.com/ if your so inclined.

    Miss you and keeping you close in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete