flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oatmeal

T and I have found a great way to enjoy oatmeal! I've always sort of liked it, but I could never eat too much of it or I would begin to feel nauseous. But, this way is better for me. This recipe makes 2 small servings. Mix together and let sit overnight at room temperature (I put it on top of the fridge with a towel over the bowl): 1 cup rolled oats 1 cup warm water (not hot) 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt In the morning, boil: 1 cup water add soaked oats and boil for 5 minutes. Serve with butter (or cream) and sugar, or brown sugar, or maple syrup, or jam, or fruit and nuts, or.. well, you get the idea. The soaking of the oats makes the nutrients more readily available to your body (and I stay full longer), and the yogurt adds a nice flavor when cooked. If you have leftovers, just put them in the fridge and save them for the next morning. Plop the cold oatmeal in a frying pan with a little oil or butter and cover. Heat (on medium heat) till warm through. Serve with yogurt and maple syrup (YUM).

No comments:

Post a Comment