flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Monday, February 11, 2008

Cold Morning...

It's chilly in Boston today! It was a whopping 16 degrees this morning, but with wind chill it feels like -2. There's a wind advisory in effect until 3 this afternoon: "windy with gusts up to 50 mph" Now, having been raised in a desert where we routinely get gusts up to 75 mph, the wind is nothing new. But the COLD! T and I walked to the car today to drive to work and my eye balls were cold! When we finally got to the car the handle was frozen (so frozen, in fact, that T's door wouldn't shut without much coaxing). I wore two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, and three shirts along with a coat, scarf, gloves, and ear muffs. (I guess that's why only my eye balls were cold.) All day in my office the wind howled outside my window (trying to get in, no doubt) and I had to turn on my little space heater under my desk (I like to rest my feet on it. Sometimes it makes me sleepy... ahh....). They were chopping down trees outside, too (Orcs...), because they had been broken by the wind last night (I assume). But now it's almost three and the wind is calming down a bit. On my way home from work I didn't even have to wear my bright green leather gloves or ear muffs. And all in all, I still love the winter! I don't mind the cold as long as I don't feel cold. It's an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment