flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Friday, December 24, 2010

S'Nami Boh

This is the hymn that is sung in Byzantine Churches for the Christmas Eve Liturgy.  Though the tenor of this video doesn't do Fr. Joseph's deep, resonating bass justice, it is a beautiful hymn, which brings Christmas home to my heart just hearing it.

Christ is born! Glorify Him!!

....




You mighty ones, be humbled; even if your strength returns, you shall again be defeated, for God is with us.

Whatever conspiracy you shall weave, the Lord shall destroy it; whatever word you shall speak shall not stand even among you, for God is with us.

We shall not hear your threat, nor shall we be disturbed, we sanctify the name of the Lord our God, and we fear Him, for God is with us.

If I confide in Him, He shall be my sanctification; I shall confide in Him, and I shall be saved by Him, for God is with us.

Give ear, all you lands afar off, for God is with us.

You mighty ones, be humbled; even if your strength returns, you shall again be defeated, for God is with us.

Whatever conspiracy you shall weave, the Lord shall destroy it; whatever word you shall speak shall not stand even among you, for God is with us.

We shall not hear your threat, nor shall we be disturbed, we sanctify the name of the Lord our God, and we fear Him, for God is with us.

If I confide in Him, He shall be my sanctification; I shall confide in Him, and I shall be saved by Him, for God is with us.

Behold, I come with the children whom the Lord has given me, for God is with us.
O nation, which is walking in the darkness, expect to see a great light, for God is with us.

Upon us, who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, a great light shall dawn, for God is with us.

Indeed, a Child is born to us, the Son, and He is given to us, for God is with us.
His power is upon his shoulder, and his peace shall have no end, for God is with us.

And his name shall be called Messenger of the great wisdom of God, for God is with us.
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Master, Prince of Peace, for God is with us.

Father of the world to come, for God is with us.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and forever, Amen. For God is with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment