flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All I Want for Christmas

Our little apartment is as decorated as it will get this year. Since we're going to CA, we didn't want to get our own tree (sniff), but I did put up some lights in the windows and over the doorway into the kitchen. I love Christmas lights--at night especially, they make me feel like a little girl again. I love to get up in the middle of the night just to walk around the house and feel the coming of Christmas.
One of my favorite parts about going to my folks' house for Christmas is that the tree is usually up by the time T and I get there, late at night when all the other lights are out. It's so wonderfully welcoming to open the door and hear the hushed ancitipation throughout the house, illuminated only by the sparkling lights on the tree, reflected in the festive ornaments. Mm... Christmastime :)
And it wouldn't be Christmas without a plethora of nativity sets :) Here are some of my favorites (not all, by any means):
------ And this year I've got something extra special to wear to church on Christmas. A Christmas necklace from Taylor's siblings! Isn't it pretty?! (I did put it on a new chain, since I wanted to wear both necklaces at the same time, but the order and choice of beads is exactly as it was presented to me.) :) I love those kiddies!
Also, Happy Birthday to my brother :) WE LOVE YOU! And you're in our prayers. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment