flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Red :)

It's always been such a fun color. My mother-in-law loves it, and when we have family pictures, red is the color of choice.  I can't complain, really.  When I was in high school, I wore a red shirt to French once and my teacher (from Brooklyn, NY.. go figure) told me:
"Ooh, Anne! La couleur rouge va tu bien!"
and we didn't argue with our Mme Sacco..

Red is great for many things, though. It goes so well with black, and brown, and white. It fits perfectly on a pepper and on my mixer.  I can't think of anything better to dress my dutch oven with (especially when it's also sporting a fig chicken inside), and strawberries, raspberries, cherries, apples, and watermelon just wouldn't be the same in a different color.

And would you know it? I am getting red tomatoes, now too!

It started a week or two ago:


and now we're here:

I almost don't want to pick them, because it makes me happy to have ripening tomatoes on my vine..

But I suppose I have to harvest, even if it's only two little tomatoes.  What's the point of growing food, except to eat it?  When we get our farm someday, I'll hopefully have my hands (and buckets and pockets and apron front) full of food to harvest.

Hopefully.

However, there is still hope for the rest of the summer! See? I have buds on one of my other plants!



There are, in fact, three buds, but I can't get close enough with my lens to show you all three. You'll just have to trust me :)

In the meantime, happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment