flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

Where I grew up, Valentine's day was never cold. In fact, February was usually a pretty warm month, with day-time temperatures frequently reaching 80 degrees. So the whole "warm and snuggly on V-day" was never an image I conjured up.
Thus, when I realized (years later) that I had likely been conceived in the month of February, I naturally assumed I was a Valentine's day baby (Yes. That was the only reason I could think of for my parents to make a baby). I mentioned that to a friend from Idaho once and he said, "Forget Valentine's day, it's cold in February." "Oh," I said. "Really?" Anyway, here I am in February in Boston and it is cold! So, as a "just because" gift, and because I wanted to try my hand at them, I have knitted a pair of mittens for our friend from Georgia--who is practically a popsicle in this frigid New England weather. Taylor was my model, so I hope they fit our friend's hands.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally Jealous of your awesome knitted mittens. Do you want to move to Texas and start our Hobbiton? Andrew says Texas is going to secede and considering that the governer says Texas will not take the stimulus money, I believe it.

    ReplyDelete