Friday, March 18, 2011

Small Update..

Yesterday evening, much to my dismay, I found out from our agency worker that Monday is not quite the auspicious court date she thought it would be.

Instead of being the day when a judge hears the case as presented, it is, rather, the day when the agency's lawyer goes to the courthouse to check on the case, to see if the birth father has filed anything contesting the adoption.  Somehow based on how that check goes, the actual hearing will be scheduled sometime within two weeks of Monday.

I don't know what will happen if the birth father hasn't filed anything, if the hearing will take place sooner or not.  I don't know when, within the next two weeks, the hearing might be.  And I don't know if this affects any sort of schedule for us (hopefully!) bringing the Babe home.

So to all of those who have so wonderfully kept us in your thoughts and prayers, do keep it up!  We are in need of them especially this week, as we wait for more information.

God grant me patience...


  1. Praying. I hope he has taken care of everything that way this can be moved along quickly. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. We will continue to pray!

  2. oh anne! so sorry for the setback, i would imagine that would be hard to hear when you have been looking forward to this date for so long. our prayers for you guys and that sweet little girl will continue of course, we will be specifically praying that things are worked out in the most timely manner possible so she can come home with you! already you are such a wonderful mother to her through your example of faith and trust.

  3. Praying for you Anne and Taylor as your Big Day draws near!