flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ablaze

I've been working till 5 this week.  This is a bad time of year to start working until 5, I think.  Not only have I just returned from the blissful doing-nothing of Hawaii, but add in the time change on Sunday and it's a recipe for a mopey me as I watch the sun set sitting at the desk answering the phone.

Of course, I know I have no room to complain, so I'm really not asking for sympathy (honest, Viv).  But it kinda puts a damper on the 365 project if you wake up late, rush to work, and don't get out until it's dark. I mean, there are really only so many things at home I can take pictures of :)

So when I happened to look up from the computer yesterday as the sun was setting, and noticed the intense pink and purple light show outside, I grabbed my camera and temporarily abandoned the phone.

It was brilliant. Beautiful. Stunning.

And I may not have noticed it if I had been at home.

So I guess there's always something to be grateful for, huh?

2 comments:

  1. O Lord my God, How Great Thou Art!

    Beautiful Annie, how elegantly you have captured God's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bethany :) God is great indeed!

    ReplyDelete