flickr.............picasa.............twitter.............tumblr.............pinterest.............recipes.............crafty.............about me

Monday, October 4, 2010

Change

This time of year in Boston is a lovely transition from summer to fall.  It gets warm enough during the day that I don't need a heavy coat and it's enough to have just a light sweater.  But at night it gets chilly--so that I want to snuggle up under a blanket with a hot cup of tea and read a good book while the seasonal winds blow outside.

Fall is coming; and with fall comes all the wonderful goodness of harvest, grand feasts, family holidays, parties, hearty soups, stews, and roasts--warming the house with Love in a Pot from the kitchen.

It is a lovely time of year.

See, the radiators in our building aren't turned on this early. So this is the time of year where we really feel the chill in the air at night.  Granted, we thoroughly enjoy the chill, and the last few nights we've slept with our windows wide open--and an extra down comforter on our bed.  I suppose it makes it that much harder to get out of bed in the morning, when the cold air is fresh in the lungs but the rest of my body is so warm and pleasant.   So, when the radiators do come on, I definitely appreciate them :) but for now, I'm going to make some tea, and wrap a blanket around me while I process photos from my trip to Texas.

Happy Fall to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment